Friday, September 16, 2011

Quick update

16th September 2011

It has been a really long time since I have written, and for that, I’m really sorry! A lot has happened since I wrote last; I left Prime Time and started at Pop Century Resort, I celebrated my 21st birthday, the amazing friends I made at Prime Time went home, I’ve made some more amazing friends at Pop Century and moved apartments just to name a few.

It was strange to leave Prime Time because I spent so much time with the people there. I still go back to pick up shifts occasionally, but with the new people there it is really weird. I don’t know if I like the new people yet, I guess it’s probably just because it’s not what I’m used to and it feels like they are taking our place. Now I feel like every other CPs’ before me.

The training for resort front desk took a week of classes at Disney University. This was surprisingly really fun and I made some great friends there. The training was basically sitting in a class going through the stuff we needed to know then going into a simulation front desk and putting it all to practice. After the end of that week I felt as though I had learnt it all but I was still terrified to actually serve real guests. My first day I was so nervous that I felt sick, there was so much that I needed to know but my trainer was great and really helped me through. I think I got off lucky because I started before most of the other new people so I had a lot of help and I got a trainer who really knew what she was doing. My first day out of training I got a guest compliment, it made me feel so much better about everything!

Things keep getting better from there, I love my job, the people I work with are great, I learn something new every day and my leaders and managers like what I’m doing. I’m hoping to get trained in other areas before I leave in January.

I moved apartments when I turned 21 which was extremely helpful because now I live right next to the bus stop. It is so convenient living close to the bus stop and also right next to the pool.

I’m planning a few holidays to go on as well. I fly to Cancun in 10 days which will be an amazing experience! I should really learn Spanish but I have my little phrase book which will hopefully get me through. There is a group of 14 of us going and we are staying at all inclusive resort which my friend managed to get an amazing deal on so it’s a really cheap trip. It’s only 4 nights but I’m sure it will be one of the best holidays I will ever go on. I’m also planning a trip to California Disneyland with some of the girls I used to work with. We are going to Disneyland then I’m going to go to Arizona for a few days with one of the girls. I will see a few of the sights there which hopefully will include the Grand Canyon.

I have now been in the States for 8 months and only 4 to go. As much as I am enjoying it here, I’m really looking forward to getting back home to see everyone. It’s even better that one of my good friends here might be doing a semester abroad in New Zealand so it won’t be long till I see her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment